Parag Prakash, IA&AS
Date of Appointment
- MBA, M.Sc.(Project Management) from Manchester UK, Advance MDP from Wharton, PhD (pursuing).
Mr. Parag Prakash is a senior officer of Indian Audit and Accounts Service which represent the executive management cadre of Indian Audit & Accounts Department under the Comptroller and Audit General (CAG) of India. He belongs to 1984 batch and is currently Principal Accountant General (General and Social Sector Audit), Madhya Pradesh, Gwalior with responsibility for audit of key Departments, Public Sector Undertakings and other quasi- government / autonomous bodies of the State Government operating in the social and general services sectors. The main deliverables in this assignment involves financial audit of State Government accounts and performance and compliance audits of Government interventions, projects and programmes, specially development programmes in the social sector.
His Professional expertise and competency is illustrated by worldwide exposure as follows-
1. He was deputed as an External Audit Advisor to Office of the Auditor General Botswana by Commonwealth Secretariat in 2011.
2. Conducted audit of United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon(UNIFIL) at Naquora Lebanon as Team leader in August –September 2016.
3. Conducted audit of United Nations Institute of Training and Research(UNITAR) at Geneva, Switzerland as Team leader in April – May 2015.
4. Conducted audit of United Nations High Commission of Refugees (UNHCR) in Syria, Cote de voir, Lebanon and United Arab in 1997-98.
5. Conducted audit of Indian embassies of South Korea, North Korea and Hong Kong in 1990.
6. Attended a Conference of Auditors General of Commonwealth Nations held at Malta as a technical consultant to CAG of India in March 2014.
7. Visited as a member of Indian delegation to understand the functioning of CAG of Republic of China in May- June 2013.
8. Attended a seminar on anti-corruption practices in bureaucracy and politics organized by Commonwealth Secretariat in Botswana in May 2011.
9. Presented a paper at an International Meeting of Working Group on Environmental Audit held at Moscow in Oct.2005.